A RIVER OF GREEN
OVER 45 ACRES OF GREEN SPACE AND FOUR LARGE PARK SYSTEMS TO EXPERIENCE AND ENJOY YEAR-ROUND.
MERGING RECREATION WITH TRANQUILITY
- Picnics, parks, and quiet spots with creative kids’ play and spaces for families to gather
- Indigenous placemaking, food pop-ups, musical performances, outdoor events and seasonal activities
- Ogden Park, a “river of green”, connects Lakeshore Road to the lakefront
- A sculptural footbridge, a boardwalk for your morning run, a bus loop, and walking and cycles paths to create a fully connected community
- A new Waterfront Trail seamlessly linking from the east to the west–directly to the adjacent conservation area and the Serson Creek nature trail
This is a huge network of parks and trails, lively beaches, and coastal wetlands. In summer you run on the pier, bike on the paths, and barbecue under the trees. In fall, the maples turn and the lake’s blue deepens—a stunning backdrop for a picnic in the park. In winter, snowshoe across Lakeview Village or go for a skate. In spring, celebrate the flowers and the return of the warm summer air.
Our industrial past will be transformed into an extraordinary place of conservation and curation, with landscapes to refresh your soul.